The entire team at Hotel La Polar is aware of the importance of ongoing development in responsible tourism, in an economic, social, environmental and cultural sense, and we are therefore committed – in line with the objectives set by the City of Gijon — to working responsibly toward minimizing our impact and establishing guidelines for ongoing improvement, based on the responsible management of our business.
Within this commitment we work to achieve the following objectives:
- Increasing awareness of all parties involved. Both the awareness of our guests, by impressing upon them the importance of their cooperation in achieving our objectives and caring for both the hotel and the environment, and the awareness of employees and suppliers, two basic pillars in working responsibly toward bettering our environment and society as a whole.
- Promoting sustainable transport. As a hotel, we encourage our customers to use public transport to reach the city as well as public transport within the city, including the use of bicycles.
- Showing solidarity as a hotel by actively collaborating with “Operación Café”, Action against Hunger.
- Maintaining a responsible purchasing policy. We endeavour to purchase more from local suppliers, upholding the “kilometre zero” concept and making our suppliers aware of our responsibility policy.
- Supporting local sports by collaborating with the local weightlifting team “Asturiding Halterofilia”.
- Encouraging local traditions. As potential conveyers of information, we aim to inform our guests about cultural and traditional events of interest which will allow them to learn more about the city of Gijon and Asturias in general.
- Targeting innovation as a way to differentiate our hotel. Reinventing our reality each day, to offer our guests a unique and innovative service, seeking 100% customer satisfaction as a way of making our hotel more competitive and increasing sales.